Spring isn’t officially sprung until this weekend, but “Un-Block The Music” just received a press release that is bringing the sunshine in earlier! April 9, The Office! A Musical Parody! will resume “in-person” performances at 33 percent capacity in New York City at The Theater Center’s Jerry Orbach Theater!
The production originally opened in the Fall of 2018 but came to a halt on March 15, 2020 just as the Coronavirus pandemic was declared and entertainment venues closed. (If Un-Block The Music has to write the word “pandemic” one more time…ugh….)
Anyway…The Theater Center is opening with numerous safety precautions, upgrades and protocols in place:
- Everyone who works in the building (actors, stage managers, dressers, technicians, treasurers, house managers and ushers) will all be fully vaccinated.
- Everyone entering The Theater Center must wear masks and follow social distancing protocols. All audience members and staff will wear masks at all times. The Theater Center has worked with Ticketmaster to create an easy-to-use contactless ticketing service as well contact tracing.
- Newly installed ten Atmosair Matterhorn 1002 “Air Scrubbers,” an innovative Bi-polar ionization system that will catch and kill contaminants in the air throughout the entire complex. It is the same system used by NASA and many hospitals across the country. These units fill the venue with hospital grade air that captures and neutralizes viruses, bacteria, and VOC’s as they happen in real time.
- Added Sensedge Air Quality monitors on each floor so patrons can check the quality of the air throughout the space when they first enter the lobby.
- Upgraded its HVAC filters to utilize MERV13 filters.
- Staff are following all the CDC and NYDOH guidelines for hourly and daily deep disinfection cleaning.
- Covid Compliance Officers are on staff to ensure safety protocols are in place and adhered to at all times.
- All audience members will be seated in “pods” with the people they came with. Each pod is socially distanced from the next.
- Building capacity limits will always be posted in plain sight and followed accordingly to state and local guidelines.
The Office! A Musical Parody features a book and lyrics by Bob and Tobly McSmith, music by Assaf Gleizner and direction and choreography by Donald Garverick.
Cast to be announced soon.
The initial performance schedule is:
Thursdays, 7:30 p.m.
Fridays, 7:30 p.m.
Saturdays, 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Sundays, 3 p.m.
For ticket information go to https://www.ticketmaster.com/the-office-a-musical-parody-tickets/artist/2524589 or call the box office at 212-921-7862